Terms & Conditions
Your registration will not be finalised until payment is received for your ticket/s and you have received a payment receipt. Payment details are below on this page. These prices are valid till the conference.
- Once you register, you will automatically be sent an email confirming your purchase.
- Please note: There are no physical tickets issued for the Conference. Once you’ve registered and paid, your name will be on the registration desk at the Conference.
- You can via credit card through the Eventbrite ticketing portal. The company name that will appear on your transaction record is Verosafe. Verosafe runs Retail Global in Australia.
IMPORTANT: Please remember, your booking is not finalised until payment is received. To receive the pricing of the date you’ve booked payment must also have been received by the cut off date.
VeroSafe Pty Ltd ABN: 90128124765
Thanks for your interest in attending Retail Global. By registering to attend Retail Global, you are agreeing to the following conditions:
- Your Retail Global ticket does not include travel, accommodation, internet access or parking.
- If you book for a ticket during any period, full payment must be received in that period to receive the advertised price. Otherwise the lower price will not be honored.
- You will need to make your own travel arrangements. Visit our travel page for some hints.
- If you cannot attend this Conference after you’ve booked, another person is welcome to take your place.
- IMPORTANT: CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY:
- 75% refund offered if you cancel up to 28 February, 2020. 50% refund offered if you cancel in March, 2020. No refunds offered if you cancel during April 2020 or May 2020. You are welcome to send a substitute in your place.
- LAY-BUY TICKETS:
- First deposit is locking in the discounted rate and is non-refundable. As each payment is made, it is non-refundable. No refunds once entire payment has been made, but you are able to transfer your ticket into another person’s name. Contact Emma Scullion for any questions.
- Retail Global will endeavor to honor special meal requests where possible for no additional fee. If the venue advises special requests will attract an extra charge however, delegates will be expected to cover the cost of the special meal should they wish to proceed with it. This would be at the same cost that Retail Global is charged.
- Retail Global undertake to ensure the event schedule printed is correct at the time of the conference. Due to circumstances outside our control, we may need to alter the schedule and speakers prior to the event and reserve the right to do so without notice.
- We reserve the right to use the company logo of the person registered to attend Retail Global. If you wish for the logo to not be used, please email Emma Scullion.
- We reserve the right to cancel the event in which case you will receive a full refund of your ticket price.
- We reserve the right to postpone the event, in which case your ticket will be carried over to the following event.
- You may be photographed or filmed at Retail Global and you agree to allow these images to be used unless you expressly opt out in writing.
- You are not allowed to record content at Retail Global for any purpose, including later broadcast, without express written consent of Retail Global Management.
- Retail Global reserve the right to refuse registration or entry to the event for any reason. If this occurs, a full refund will be offered.
- All visitors to the Event agree not to attempt to canvass exhibitors. Any visitors attempting to canvass exhibitors will be asked to leave.
Exhibitor and Sponsorship Terms and Conditions
The signed contract replaces all previous representations and agreements. It can only be amended in writing that we sign.
1.3 These Terms and Conditions apply from the date of signing the Contract. You acknowledge that we update them from time to time, but will not do so during the term of this Contract.
1.4 These terms and conditions take precedence over any customer terms and conditions. Acceptance by us of a valid Purchase Order does not constitute acceptance of customer terms and conditions.
1.5 Payment of any fees will constitute your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
OUR RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As specified in this Contract, we will:
- a) Organise and hold the Retail Global Conference & Exhibition, Charity Gala Dinner and Workshops.
- b) Promote the Conference and Exhibition, Charity Gala Dinner and Workshop
- c) Make reasonable efforts to offer you the Advertising or Sponsorship requested
2.2 We do not guarantee Event visitor numbers or any level of commercial activity. We can cancel the Dinner Event by writing to you before it starts. If so, we will refund your fees within 30 days for services not supplied.
2.3 We may change the Event including but not limited to:
- a) Changing the date
- b) Changing its duration
- c) Moving the venue to another place in the same city
- d) Extending the venue in a separate area from the main venue
2.4 We can ask you to:
- – Obey the relevant rules
- – Prevent any damage
- – Maximise the Retail Global Convention and Exhibition, Charity Gala Dinner and Workshops commercial success.
We can do this verbally or in writing. Our directions include but are not limited to:
- a) Approving or disapproving the content and presentation of any promotional materials
- b) Deciding how you, your employees, contractors or agents use Conference entry tickets
- c) Setting conditions for moving goods and displays before, during and after the Conference and Exhibition, Charity Gala Dinner and Workshops
- e) Specifying how you can use audio visual equipment and media
- f) Making health and safety requirements.
2.5 We may assign any of our rights under this Contract.
3. YOUR RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
3.1 You must:
- a) Use the conference and exhibition area only for the purposes of the conference and exhibition.
- b) Follow our directions as soon as possible and pay any associated costs
- c ) Follow relevant laws, meet OH&S and venue guidelines, and avoid damaging person or property
- d) Not do anything that may interfere with the smooth running of the conference or exhibition.
4. PRICE AND PAYMENT
4.1 You must pay us the fee in cleared funds as we specify in the Contract. An amount up to 20% of the value of the Contract is non-refundable and cover an administration fee. In addition to the administration fee, if we cancel the Contract because of your breach, or if you cancel the Contract, you are liable to pay us a cancellation fee in line with Clause 5.3.
4.2 Under the Payment Systems (Regulation) Act 1998 and the Payment Systems (Regulation) Regulations 2003 we may charge you a fee if you pay by credit card and if we do, we will include this information on our tax invoices
5. OUR REMEDIES
5.1 If you breach the Contract, we will provide you with notice of the breach, and give you a reasonable time to remedy it. If you fail to remedy the breach within this time, we may:
- a) Cancel your Sponsorship and/or associated Advertising
- b) Remedy your breach without advising you and require you to pay for the cost of our actions
- d) Cancel all or part of the Contract without further notice to you
- e) Remove you from participating and attending our Conference and Exhibition, Charity Gala Dinner and Workshops.
5.2 If you do not pay your instalment fees by the due date, we will charge you a late payment fee of 2.5% each month compounding on all outstanding money.
5.3 If you cancel all or part of the Contract (except if you cancel because of our breach), or if we cancel the Contract because of your breach, we will claim a cancellation fee from you and revoke the applicable discounts granted in the Contract. The cancellation fee will be a percentage of the full, non-discounted, pro rata value of the cancelled parts of the Contract as follows:
- Cancellation/Substitution: Provided payment has been received in full, substitution at no extra cost will be allowed up to 30 days prior to the conference. All cancellations must be received at least 45 business days prior to the conference and carry a 50% cancellation fee payable with immediate effect. Thereafter the full fee has to be paid and is non-creditable.
- Should the contract be combined for a multi-event partnership and is cancelled following the delivery of one or more events, the cancellation fee will be 50% of the remaining contracted amount of all future contracted events, as per the above Cancellation/Substitution terms.
6.RISK AND INSURANCE COVER
6.1 You agree that the Conference and Exhibition, site can be hazardous. You will take due care to prevent injury and property damage. We are not responsible for any damage caused by your acts or omissions. You must use our incident report form to tell us in writing about any site incident and give us supporting evidence. After an incident, you must not remove anything from the site without our prior approval
7. WARRANTIES AND LIABILITIES
7.1 As allowed by law, or except where this Contract states, we:
- a) Do not make any representations or warranties about you
- b) Are not liable for any person’s injury or death, property damage, economic loss, or any indirect, special or consequential damages to do with the Conference and Exhibition, Charity Gala Dinner or Workshop.
- c) Exclude all conditions and warranties implied by custom, general law or statute
- d) Limit our liability under any implied condition or warranty, at our option, to re-supply an affected service or pay for it to be re-supplied.
7.2 You indemnify us from and against any claims, damages, losses and costs we may incur because of:
- a) Any breach of the Contract that you make
- b) Any of your displays or product demonstrations
- c) Any of your acts or omissions to do with the Conference and Exhibition, Charity Gala Dinner and Workshop, including any negligence and wrongdoings.
7.3 Except where the law otherwise requires, in a claim for damages by one party against another, including a third-party claim, the recoverable damages claim must reflect just and equitable responsibility for the damage.
7.4 You agree not to sell or intend to sell goods at the Conference and Exhibition, Charity Gala Dinner and Workshop that misrepresent or infringe intellectual property rights. You indemnify us from and against any and all claims, damages, losses and costs we may incur if you breach this agreement.
This clause 8 applies only to Advertising. It outlines our Publication Material Terms and Conditions.
Material is any form of advertising you give us or that we create for you. Publication is any publication that we own or control, including listings on the Power Retail website, emails or print books, trade guides, signage, posters, and elsewhere on the Internet. If you are not a sponsor at our Event, you must pay our full, ‘non-sponsor’ advertising rates.
8.1 Giving us material
- a) When you give us Material you warrant that:
- i) You own it or have the right to use and publish it
- ii) We have the right to use and publish it
iii) it does not breach any law or any other person’s rights
- iv) You can legally represent the individual, entity, product or service in the Material
- v) You agree to these Terms and Conditions and will pay our rates.
- b) You must give us all Material by the Material deadline that we set.
- c) If we do not receive your Material by the Material deadline, we will consider that you have cancelled the advertising. We will charge you a cancellation fee in accordance with Clause 5.3.
- d) If we accept Material after the Material deadline you cannot cancel it, or stop us from publishing it.
- e) If you want to cancel your advertising, you must tell us in writing. We can refuse to cancel it and will not cancel it if the publication has gone to press. If we agree to cancel it, you must pay us a cancellation fee in accordance with Clause 5.3.
- f) All Material you give us must meet our requirements. If it does not, you must re-supply it or, if you require us to modify it, we will give you a quotation for production fees that we will charge you.
- g) We are not liable for any loss or damage to the Material. We are also not responsible for returning Material to you. Despite the provisions of this clause 8.1, you cannot alter the size of, or cancel any advertising after the booking deadline stated in your contract.
8.2 Our pricing
- a) Our prices are listed in our rate card which is available upon request.
- b) If you do not pay us the full amount in Australian dollars by the due date on our invoice, we take your Material out of the Publication or charge you a late payment fee in accordance with Clause 5.2.
- a) We will take every care to include the material/ logo in event communications and printed signage, but we are not liable for any loss if it is not included.
- c) You indemnify us for all claims against us and any loss or damage to us from publishing the Material because of:
- i) you breaching your warranty in Clause 8.1a)
- ii) any allegation that we have breached third-party intellectual property rights\
- iii) any other liability we may be exposed to.
This clause 9 applies only to Sponsorship. It does not apply to Advertising. It outlines our Sponsorship Terms and Conditions. Sponsorship is the payment made by you to us to assist us to carry out the Sponsored Activity.
To assist us to undertake the Sponsored Activity, you will pay us the Sponsorship Amount upon signing of this Contract.
9.2 Our rights and responsibilities
- a) Carry out the Sponsored Activity strictly in accordance with this Contract;
- ii) Use the Sponsorship Amount only for the purposes of carrying out Sponsored Activity;
- iii) Acknowledge that you are a sponsor of the Sponsored Activity whenever reasonable including in printed material distributed by us in relation to the Sponsored Activity or other event within which the Sponsored Activity takes place;
- iv) Refund to you that part of the Sponsorship Amount relating to Sponsorship Activity which we fail to perform, if any.
- b) If you are bound by the Medicines Australia Code of Conduct (‘Code’), then to the extent that the Code is related to or in any way connected with the Sponsored Activity, we will comply with the Code and not do or omit to do anything which may cause you to breach the Code.
9.3 Intellectual property rights
- i) We may ask you to supply us with a copy of your trademarks, service marks, symbols and logos (‘Trade ID’) so that we may use the Trade ID in materials related to the Sponsored Activity. We will identify precisely how and where we intend to use the Trade ID. You may refuse our request in your absolute discretion. If you agree to our request then:
- ii) You grant to us a licence for the use of the Trade ID or any part of it for the sole purpose of and only to the extent necessary, enabling us to perform our obligations under this Contract
- iii) We acknowledge that our right to use your Trade ID is limited to use exclusively in relation to the Sponsored Activity.
- b) We must:
- i) Hold any goodwill in any of the Trade ID as bare trustee for you and unconditionally assign the same to you on demand;
- ii) Not do or omit to do anything that might jeopardise the validity of any of the Trade ID; and promptly notify you of any unauthorised use in Australia of any of the Trade ID of which we become aware.
- c) All intellectual property (including the Trade ID) you create remains your property.
- d) Any intellectual property we create in relation to the Sponsored Activity belongs to us unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- e) You must clearly identify any of your intellectual property (including the TradeID) that we hold together with any restrictions upon its use before it is utilised during the Sponsored Activity.
10. GENERAL ISSUES
- 10.1 All Contract references to time mean as soon as possible, unless we state otherwise.
- 10.2 Force Majeure
- We are not liable for any expenditure, liability or loss, including consequential loss, nor will we be in default for any delay, failure or interruption because of:
- Acts of God, civil or military authority, public enemy, terrorism
- Epidemics, war, accidents, fires, explosions, earthquakes, floods, the elements strikes, labour disputes, shortages
- Failure of electrical power, internet coverage, lifts, transportation, air conditioning the availability of appropriate premises insufficient exhibitor numbers visitor non-attendance
- Any prevailing commercial circumstances or causes beyond our control.
- 10.3 After this Contract ends, clauses 3 to 7 and this clause 10 remain valid for:
- Your rights and responsibilities
- Price and payment
- Our remedies
- Risk and insurance cover
- Warranties and liabilities.
- 10.4 Any part of this Contract that is not legal or enforceable may be removed, but all other Terms and Conditions will stay in force.
- 10.5 Victorian laws and the jurisdiction of Victorian courts govern this Contract.
- 10.6 You agree to give us your consent under privacy laws to use your personal information for internal purposes, including accounts processing, exhibitor analyses, Event invitations and to give to our Event contractors. Please write to us if you do not wish us to use your personal information in this way.