Terms & Conditions
Registration for the 2017 Retail Global.
Your registration will not be finalised until payment is received for your ticket/s and you have received a payment receipt. Payment details are below on this page. These prices are valid till the conference.
- Once you register, you will automatically be sent an email with the following payment details.
- Please note: There are no physical tickets issued for the Conference. Once you’ve registered and paid, your name will be on the registration desk at the Conference.
- You can pay via PayPal, Visa/Mastercard, Direct Deposit, Cheque or Money Order. The company name that will appear on your transaction record is Verosafe. Verosafe runs Retail Global in Australia.
To pay via Direct Deposit
PAY: VeroSafe Pty Ltd
BSB: 063 100
Bank: Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Please include your name in transfer description
To pay via Cheque or Australia Post Money Order
Please use the amounts listed above to calculate the balance owing and then make cheques/ money orders payable to: VeroSafe Pty Ltd Send payment to: Verosafe PO Box 600 South Melbourne VIC 3205
IMPORTANT: Please remember, your booking is not finalised until payment is received. To receive the pricing of the date you’ve booked payment must also have been received by the cut off date.
VeroSafe Pty Ltd ABN: 90128124765
Thanks for your interest in attending Retail Global. By registering to attend Retail Global, you are agreeing to the following conditions:
- Your Retail Global ticket does not include travel, accommodation, internet access or parking.
- If you book for a ticket during any period, full payment must be received in that period to receive the advertised price. Otherwise the lower price will not be honored.
- Bank Transfers must be made at time of purchase/registration, otherwise the ticket will not be valid. Re-registration will be required after 24 hours if bank tranfer is not made.
- You will need to make your own travel arrangements. Visit our travel page for some hints.
- If you cannot attend this Conference after you’ve booked, another person is welcome to take your place.
- IMPORTANT: CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY:
- 75% refund offered if you cancel up to 28 February, 2017. 50% refund offered if you cancel in March, 2017. No refunds offered if you cancel during April 2017 or May 2017. You are welcome to send a substitute in your place.
- LAY-BUY TICKETS:
- First deposit is locking in the discounted rate and is non-refundable. As each payment is made, it is non-refundable. No refunds once entire payment has been made, but you are able to transfer your ticket into another person’s name. Contact Emma Scullion for any questions.
- Retail Global will endeavor to honor special meal requests where possible for no additional fee. If the venue advises special requests will attract an extra charge however, delegates will be expected to cover the cost of the special meal should they wish to proceed with it. This would be at the same cost that Retail Global is charged.
- Retail Global undertake to ensure the event schedule printed is correct at the time of the conference. Due to circumstances outside our control, we may need to alter the schedule and speakers prior to the event and reserve the right to do so without notice.
- We reserve the right to use the company logo of the person registered to attend Retail Global. If you wish for the logo to not be used, please email Emma Scullion.
- We reserve the right to cancel or postpone the event, in which case you will receive a full refund.
- You may be photographed or filmed at Retail Global and you agree to allow these images to be used unless you expressly opt out in writing.
- You are not allowed to record content at Retail Global for any purpose, including later broadcast, without express written consent of Retail Global Management.
- Retail Global reserve the right to refuse registration or entry to the event for any reason. If this occurs, a full refund will be offered.
- All visitors to the Event agree not to attempt to canvass exhibitors. Any visitors attempting to canvass exhibitors may be asked to leave.
Exhibitor and Sponsorship Terms and Conditions
The signed contract replaces all previous representations and
agreements. It can only be amended in writing that we sign.
1.3 These Terms and Conditions apply from the date of signing the Contract. You acknowledge
that we update them from time to time, but will not do so during the term of this
1.4 These terms and conditions take precedence over any customer terms and
conditions. Acceptance by us of a valid Purchase Order does not constitute
acceptance of customer terms and conditions.
1.5 Payment of any fees will constitute your acceptance of these Terms and
OUR RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As specified in this Contract, we will:
- a)organise and hold the Retail Global Conference & Exhibition, Charity Gala Dinner and Workshops.
- b)promote the Conference and Exhibition, Charity Gala Dinner and Workshop
- c)make reasonable efforts to offer you the Advertising or Sponsorship requested
2.2 We do not guarantee Event visitor numbers or any level of commercial activity. We can cancel the Dinner Event by writing to you before it starts. If so, we will refund your fees within 30 days for services not supplied.
2.3 We may change the Event including but not limited to:
- a)changing the date
- b)changing its duration
- c)moving the venue to another place in the same city
- d)extending the venue in a separate area from the main venue
2.4 We can ask you to:
– obey the relevant rules
– prevent any damage
– maximise the Retail Global Convention and Exhibition, Charity Gala Dinner and Workshops commercial success.
We can do this verbally or in writing. Our directions include but are not limited to:
- a)approving or disapproving the content and presentation of any promotional materials
- b)deciding how you, your employees, contractors or agents use Conference entry tickets
- c)setting conditions for moving goods and displays before, during and after the Conference and Exhibition, Charity Gala Dinner and Workshops
- e)specifying how you can use audio visual equipment and media
- f)making health and safety requirements.
2.5 We may assign any of our rights under this Contract.
- YOUR RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
3.1 You must:
- a)use the conference and exhibition area only for the purposes of the conference and exhibition.
- b)follow our directions as soon as possible and pay any associated costs
- c)follow relevant laws, meet OH&S and venue guidelines, and avoid damaging a
person or property
- d)not do anything that may interfere with the smooth running of the conference or exhibition.
- PRICE AND PAYMENT
4.1 You must pay us the fee in cleared funds as we specify in the Contract. An
amount equivalent to 10% of the value of the Contract is non-refundable and covers
an administration fee. In addition to the administration fee, if we cancel the Contract
because of your breach, or if you cancel the Contract, you are liable to pay us a
cancellation fee in line with Clause 5.3.
4.2 Under the Payment Systems (Regulation) Act 1998 and the Payment Systems
(Regulation) Regulations 2003 we may charge you a fee if you pay by credit card
and if we do, we will include this information on our tax invoices.
- OUR REMEDIES
5.1 If you breach the Contract, we will provide you with notice of the breach, and give
you a reasonable time to remedy it. If you fail to remedy the breach within this
time, we may:
- a)cancel your Sponsorship and/or associated Advertising
- b)remedy your breach without advising you and require you to pay for the cost of
- d)cancel all or part of the Contract without further notice to you
- e)remove you from participating and attending our Conference and Exhibition, Charity Gala Dinner and Workshops.
5.2 If you do not pay your instalment fees by the due date, we will charge you a late
payment fee of 2.5% each month compounding on all outstanding money.
5.3 If you cancel all or part of the Contract (except if you cancel because of our
breach), or if we cancel the Contract because of your breach, we will claim a
cancellation fee from you and revoke the applicable discounts granted in the
Contract. The cancellation fee will be a percentage of the full, non-discounted, pro
rata value of the cancelled parts of the Contract as follows:
Ÿ50% for Sponsorship and/or associated Advertising if you cancel between
45 and 30 days before the opening date of the Conference and Exhibition, Charity Gala Dinner or Workshop
Ÿ75% for Sponsorship and/or associated Advertising if you cancel between 30 and 14 days before the opening date of the Conference and Exhibition, Charity Gala Dinner and Workshops.
Ÿ100% for Sponsorship and/or associated Advertising if you cancel 14 days or less before the day of the Conference and Exhibition, Charity Gala Dinner and Workshops.
- RISK AND INSURANCE COVER
6.1 You agree that the Conference and Exhibition, Charity Gala Dinner and Workshops site can be hazardous. You will take due care to prevent injury and property damage. We are not responsible for any damage caused by your acts or omissions. You must use our incident report form to tell us in writing about any site incident and give us supporting evidence. After an incident, you must not remove anything from the site without our prior approval.
- WARRANTIES AND LIABILITIES
7.1 As allowed by law, or except where this Contract states, we:
- a)do not make any representations or warranties about you
- b)are not liable for any person’s injury or death, property damage, economic
loss, or any indirect, special or consequential damages to do with the Conference and Exhibition, Charity Gala Dinner or Workshop.
- c)exclude all conditions and warranties implied by custom, general law or statute
- d)limit our liability under any implied condition or warranty, at our option, to re-supply an affected service or pay for it to be re-supplied.
7.2 You indemnify us from and against any claims, damages, losses and costs we may
incur because of:
- a)any breach of the Contract that you make
- b)any of your displays or product demonstrations
- c)any of your acts or omissions to do with the Conference and Exhibition, Charity Gala Dinner and Workshop, including any negligence and
7.3 Except where the law otherwise requires, in a claim for damages by one party
against another, including a third-party claim, the recoverable damages claim must
reflect just and equitable responsibility for the damage.
7.4 You agree not to sell or intend to sell goods at the Conference and Exhibition, Charity Gala Dinner and Workshop that misrepresent or
infringe intellectual property rights. You indemnify us from and against any and all claims, damages, losses and costs we may incur if you breach this agreement.
This clause 8 applies only to Advertising. It outlines our Publication Material Terms and Conditions.
Material is any form of advertising you give us or that we create for you. Publication is any publication that we own or control, including listings on the Power Retail website, emails or print books, trade guides, signage, posters, and elsewhere on the Internet. If you are not a sponsor at our Event, you must pay our full, ‘non-sponsor’ advertising rates.
8.1 Giving us material
- a)When you give us Material you warrant that:
- i)you own it or have the right to use and publish it
- ii)we have the right to use and publish it
iii) it does not breach any law or any other person’s rights
- iv)you can legally represent the individual, entity, product or service in the Material
- v)you agree to these Terms and Conditions and will pay our rates.
- b)You must give us all Material by the Material deadline that we set.
- c)If we do not receive your Material by the Material deadline, we will consider that you have cancelled the advertising. We will charge you a cancellation fee in accordance with Clause 5.3.
- d)If we accept Material after the Material deadline you cannot cancel it, or stop us from publishing it.
- e)If you want to cancel your advertising, you must tell us in writing. We can
refuse to cancel it and will not cancel it if the publication has gone to press. If we agree to cancel it, you must pay us a cancellation fee in accordance with Clause 5.3.
- f)All Material you give us must meet our requirements. If it does not, you must re-supply it or, if you require us to modify it, we will give you a quotation for production fees that we will charge you.
- g)We are not liable for any loss or damage to the Material. We are also not
responsible for returning Material to you. Despite the provisions of this clause
8.1, you cannot alter the size of, or cancel any advertising after the booking
deadline stated in our media kit.
8.2 Our pricing
- a)Our prices are listed in our rate card which is available upon request.
- b)If you do not pay us the full amount in Australian dollars by the due date on our
invoice, we may take your Material out of the Publication or charge you a late
payment fee in accordance with Clause 5.2.
8.3 Publishing material
- a)We may:
- i)refuse to publish Material
- ii)remove existing Material from a Publication without telling you
iii) choose where to place Material in a Publication.
- a)We will take every care to include the Material in the Publication, but we are
not liable for any loss if it is not included.
- b)If we refuse to publish Material, or remove Material from a Publication without
telling you, or due to our act or omission the Material is not published, we are
only liable to refund you the maximum amount you paid us to publish it.
- c)You indemnify us for all claims against us and any loss or damage to us from
publishing the Material because of:
- i)you breaching your warranty in Clause 8.1a)
- ii)any allegation that we have breached third-party intellectual property rights
iii) any other liability we may be exposed to.
This clause 9 applies only to Sponsorship. It does not apply to Advertising. It outlines our Sponsorship Terms and Conditions. Sponsorship is the payment made by you to us to assist us to carry out the Sponsored Activity.
To assist us to undertake the Sponsored Activity, you will pay us the Sponsorship
Amount upon signing of this Contract.
9.2 Our rights and responsibilities
- a)We will
- i)carry out the Sponsored Activity strictly in accordance with this Contract;
- ii)use the Sponsorship Amount only for the purposes of carrying out the
iii) acknowledge that you are a sponsor of the Sponsored Activity whenever
reasonable including in printed material distributed by us in relation to the
Sponsored Activity or other event within which the Sponsored Activity takes
- iv)refund to you that part of the Sponsorship Amount relating to Sponsorship
Activity which we fail to perform, if any.
- b)If you are bound by the Medicines Australia Code of Conduct (‘Code’), then
to the extent that the Code is related to or in any way connected with the
Sponsored Activity, we will comply with the Code and not do or omit to do anything which may cause you to breach the Code.
9.3 Intellectual property rights
- a)We may ask you to supply us with a copy of your trademarks, service marks,
symbols and logos (‘Trade ID’) so that we may use the Trade ID in materials related to the Sponsored Activity. We will identify precisely how and where we intend to use the Trade ID. You may refuse our request in your absolute
discretion. If you agree to our request then:
- i)you grant to us a licence for the use of the Trade ID or any part of it for the sole purpose of and only to the extent necessary, enabling us to perform our obligations under this Contract
- ii)we acknowledge that our right to use your Trade ID is limited to use exclusively in relation to the Sponsored Activity.
- b)We must:
- i)hold any goodwill in any of the Trade ID as bare trustee for you and
unconditionally assign the same to you on demand;
- ii)not do or omit to do anything that might jeopardise the validity of any of the
Trade ID; and
iii) promptly notify you of any unauthorised use in Australia of any of the Trade
ID of which we become aware.
- c)All intellectual property (including the Trade ID) you create remains your
- d)Any intellectual property we create in relation to the Sponsored Activity belongs
to us unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- e)You must clearly identify any of your intellectual property (including the Trade
- ID) that we hold together with any restrictions upon its use before it is utilised
during the Sponsored Activity.
- GENERAL ISSUES
10.1 All Contract references to time mean as soon as possible, unless we state
10.2 Force Majeure
We are not liable for any expenditure, liability or loss, including consequential
loss, nor will we be in default for any delay, failure or interruption because of:
Ÿacts of God, civil or military authority, public enemy, terrorism
Ÿepidemics, war, accidents, fires, explosions, earthquakes, floods, the elements
Ÿstrikes, labour disputes, shortages
Ÿfailure of electrical power, internet coverage, lifts, transportation, air conditioning
Ÿthe availability of appropriate premises
Ÿinsufficient exhibitor numbers
Ÿany prevailing commercial circumstances or causes beyond our control.
10.3 After this Contract ends, clauses 3 to 7 and this clause 10 remain valid for:
Ÿyour rights and responsibilities
Ÿprice and payment
Ÿrisk and insurance cover
Ÿwarranties and liabilities.
10.4 Any part of this Contract that is not legal or enforceable may be removed, but all
other Terms and Conditions will stay in force.
10.5 Victorian laws and the jurisdiction of Victorian courts govern this Contract.
10.6 You agree to give us your consent under privacy laws to use your personal
information for internal purposes, including accounts processing, exhibitor
analyses, Event invitations and to give to our Event contractors. Please write to us
if you do not wish us to use your personal information in this way.